Monday, November 24, 2014

The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. my opinion

Okay. I'm going to make this clear, this is NOT a book review. I just wanted to say what this book means to me . In The 14 Fibs of  Gregory K; he hates math, but loves to write poetry. I can relate to this. I hate history, and grammar, and sometimes math. But I love to cartoon. Please do not get mad at me all you history-grammar-math lovers, I'm not saying that they are terrible subjects. But why do we study them? I guess after reading this book, it kind of tells you why these things are so important. In my eyes, I've always asked: 'When I get older, I'm going to draw comics for a living. History and math doesn't help with that. And sure grammar is important with any kind of writing, but I'm drawing! Why does it matter if you know this or not?' Well, I guess if your life goes a different way, then these things are important to know.  If you've also got trouble with one subject, and don't know why it's important, I suggest reading The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you said why do we have to learn these things if it doesn't have anything to do with are career when we grow up. But we need to learn these things when we are younger, or we will have a hard time when we are older! And I'm so reading The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good one. But I still dont know how history and grammar will help me draw

    ReplyDelete
  3. "our" not are... I just realized in my first comment on this post, I said are careers it's "our" careers.... Maybe I need to learn grammar....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, you make an interesting point. What will your cartoons be about? Many cartoons are historical in nature and wouldn't you need to understand the time period in order depict a character accurately. Understanding use of space on a page will also fall under math I think. If you become REALLY successful as a cartoonist I sure hope you understand money and investing and can keep up with spending and income. These are just a few things that come to mind with why the other subjects are important to know. wink wink

    ReplyDelete