Monday, January 18, 2016

Maxes book post

I read the book Poptropica Skullduggery Island. This book is about a boy named Owen who doesn't usually like sailing. What he does like is flying airships, but he knows that his dad and grandad etc., liked to sail. He went sailing to save his home from pirates and later he realizes he likes to sail. During his adventure Owen and his crew need to find a map, but the map isn't whole. The way he finds the parts of the map is when the Governor gives them hints. SPOILER ALERT! My favorite part is when Owen realized that he had the final piece of the map on his sword. I find this part interesting because it is the first time I have ever seen a map be created with part of the map on a different item, or weapon in this case. I would like the book more if it had a more unique storyline. It is mostly finding a map in different places which is one of the most commonly used ideas ever in books, movies and video games. For example, Indiana Jones movies and Legend of Zelda video game use this plot.

I would suggest this book to people who like books that are similar in plot and can be used as a slight guide for video games. Or those who just like a good book adventure. If I find another book by this author, I will probably read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment